All existing orders are shipping as promised. Orders placed now, will not be processed, or credit cards charged, until the week of 1 OCT.
ADA compliant sign mounting methods
BOSS & STUD method for mounting ADA compliant signs
Uses for boss and stud mounting
Used for concealed (hidden) mounting to brick, stone, cement and ost flat surfaces.
- Screw studs into threaded threaded holes in back of the plaque.
- Using studs to locate points on mounting surface,
drill holes in mounting surface slightly larger
than threaded stud.
- If wall is solid such as cement or brick;
- Fill holes using 'Liquid Nails', 'Epoxy' or other permanent mastic.
- Push studs into the holes and anchor plaque until mastic hardens.
- If you can get to the back of the wall;
- Insert studs through holes and have it held
- From the rear, place washers on studs and secure with nut. Washers and nuts are provided by the installer.
Side view of BOSS & STUD mounting
As shown in this side view image of a sign with 'boss and stud' mounting, there are 2 components; the studs, which are short threaded rods and the boss, which is, in plaques of this size, a hole drilled and threaded into the back of the sign.